VMware has released Horizon 6 and while I test it out myself I thought it would be good to post some information from the news release and offer a link to the actual product page.
I will put out a detailed blog post once I have played with it a bit.
With Horizon 6 you can now deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications to end users across devices, locations, media and connections. Leverage your expertise with VMware vSphere® to easily get started. Horizon 6 provides IT organization with 6 core capabilities:
- Desktops and Applications Delivered through a Single Platform: Deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications through a single platform to streamline management, easily entitle end users, and quickly deliver Windows desktops and applications to end users across devices and locations.
- A Unified Workspace with Great User Experience: Support easy access to desktops and applications – including RDS hosted applications, packaged applications with ThinApp, SaaS applications, and even virtualized applications from Citrix through a unified workspace with Blast Performance.
- Central Image Management for Physical, Virtual and BYO Devices: Centrally manage, patch and update images for virtual and physical PCs
- Closed-Loop Management and Automation: Streamline desktop and application provisioning, protect corporate assets and automate desktop reporting and troubleshooting
- Optimized for the Software-Defined Data Center: Horizon 6 allows you to leverage your expertise in VMware vSphere and is optimized for VMware® Virtual SAN™ to automate storage provisioning and drive down costs.
- Hybrid Cloud Delivery: Choose from an array of on premise or cloud-based deployment options.
Horizon 6 is available in 3 editions:
- VMware Horizon™ View Standard Edition: Delivering simple and powerful VDI with great user experience
- VMware Horizon™ Advanced Edition: Low cost high-performance desktops and applications for physical and virtual machines
- VMware Horizon™ Enterprise Edition: Providing the highest level of automation and management for private cloud delivery
Horizon View customers can also upgrade to Horizon Advanced or Enterprise at 40 percent off through December 15, 2014